Credits & Server Info for www.irchelp.org
- What is IRChelp.org? We are 30 or so volunteers who run the #IRChelp channel on the EFnet and IRCnet Internet Relay Chat (IRC) networks. (There are #IRChelp channels on most large networks, those others are not directly affiliated with this web site.) We have been providing free, professional-quality help 24/7 to hundreds of thousands of people since 1992 (pretty much the beginning of IRC). We are not affiliated officially with any network, server, channel, client program, or company. We are not paid, and all we ask in return for our service is the appropriate respect and patience. We are pretty much the last major IRC help site that is still a 100% ad-free, sponsor-free, non-profit organization (thanks to the unconditional generosity of many individuals and organizations). Our only purpose is to help you as best as we can.
- Linking, Quoting, and Copying. This web site as a whole is a compilation protected by US and International copyright laws. The web site consists of original material by IRChelp.org (the helpers of EFnet/IRCnet #IRChelp channels), material by other authors which are mirrored and/or modified with their permission, and some public domain information. Please feel free to link to any of our pages or to quote and reference parts of any pages for non-commercial purposes (such as school essays and news articles). No special permission is necessary. You may use the button to the left for graphical links. Book authors wishing to reproduce parts of pages should email to let us know of the publication details. You may not copy, mirror, or distribute full pages from this site without written permission from the webmaster (currently Joseph Lo aka Jolo).
We worked hard to bring you these pages, and we do not appreciate people stealing our work. Moreover, if you want to help people, you should recognize that the last thing anybody needs is incomplete, outdated versions of our web pages littered all over the Internet. If you have any questions about this policy, email me (select “webmaster” at the end of the list of helpers). For a quick introduction to copyrights, see this MacWorld article and this more detailed copyright FAQ.
- Disclaimer. This site is run as a hobby by Joseph Lo in conjunction with the staff of EFnet and IRCnet #IRChelp. Any opinions stated do not represent the official positions of his employer. The information at this site is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Neither the webmaster of this site, authors of individual pages, the staff of #IRChelp, or any of those involved with hosting or maintaining this site or the hardware and connectivity used to run it may be held liable for any losses or damages resulting from the use of this information.
- All email addresses have been removed below to deter spam email. If you need to contact one of these people, try using the “Send Email” form and pick the closest relevant helper. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Joseph Lo aka Jolo is the current editor and webmaster of <http://www.irchelp.org/> which is hosted for free at MergeMedia by Douglas Boldt [ext. link] who maintains EFnet’s Website. Note that IRChelp.org is not officially affiliated with EFnet or any other network or organization. It is also not affiliated with Joseph Lo’s work organizations including Duke University’s departments of Biomedical Engineering, Radiology, and Medical Physics.
- The site was originally run by Jim Benson aka FreeSoft. He assembled the largest collection of help files (over 600 then, now over 800) covering every conceivable topic of IRC.
- The EFnet channel list script was designed by Richard Hecker aka Garfr, and maintained by Jolo using an ircII client.
- David Delmont aka kylania helped to create or customize many Perl scripts including for the email feedback and site search.
- The front page logo and all navigation button graphics were by William Ono aka wmono. The question mark logo used on the ircII and Help GIFs pages was designed by Aric Campling aka RuyDuck.
- The Helpers Pictures (of #irchelp ops and some server ops) uses a custom written script by Chris S. Hwang aka vert.
- Our expert panel of email helpers change occasionally, but they are currently: Joseph Lo aka Jolo (mIRC/Windows), Aric Campling aka RuyDuck (ircII/UNIX), Josh Rollyson aka dracus (general IRC), Kevin Girard aka MHz (Ircle/MacOS), and Joseph Lo aka Jolo (webmaster).
- Many other files were written by other #IRChelp ops and helpers from all over the Internet… there are too many to thank individually. Each page is credited where possible. Email the webmaster if you have questions regarding credit of individual pages.