Quick usermode g information for EFnet
Slapped togather by Osc on 5/sep/04
Last modified 6/sep/04
To set usermode g, the server you are useing must support the mode. To find out if the server supports this mode, type this command anywhere:
/quote help accept
You will get a reply similar to this:
accept ACCEPT <parameter> accept accept ACCEPT allows you to control who can send you a NOTICE or PRIVMSG accept while you have user mode +g enabled. accept accept For +g: /QUOTE ACCEPT <nick> -- Add a permitted nickname accept /QUOTE ACCEPT -<nick> -- Remove a permitted nickname accept /QUOTE ACCEPT * -- List the present permitted nicknames accept End of /HELP.
If you get no reply, or an error, the server you are using doesn’t support usermode g.
To set usermode g, type this command anywhere:
//mode $me +g OR /mode <your-nick-here> +g
When a nick that you have not /accept’ed msg’s you, you will see:
Testnick firstname.lastname@example.org is messaging you, and you have umode +g
- There is a limit to the number of nicks (~20).
- As with any usermode, to unset change ‘+’ to ‘-‘.
- Notification (… and you have umode +g) is rate limited to ~1/minute.
- If the accepted nick changes, the user falls off your accept list to prevent nick tracking.
- If you change nicks, your accept list is cleared of ALL nicks. There’s a reason [ext. link] for this, and a fix may be coming soon.
- Server Operators can msg past +g. Users can not msg Opers unless the Oper /accept’s them.
Full documentation here: http://www.efnet.org/?module=docs&doc;=14&type;=text